Information for event volunteers.
Thanks for volunteering to help at our event. Don’t forget to get your Tea, Coffee and squash free as a small thank you. During the Summer event you will also be offered a meal.
Please don't hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
General Information for Volunteers is found on this page.
Specific information for each individual event is linked below.
- Please only carry out roles that you are happy you have the ability to perform. If in doubt seek help. Make your self familiar with the Safe Moving, Handling and Lifting guidance below.
- If using a BBQ or boiling water please ensure the equipment cannot be touched accidentally by staff or members of the public. There is also BBQ Risk Assessment.
- If in doubt about the safety of any appliance, do not touch it and report it.
- Supervision of food preparation will be carried out by a volunteer with a food hygiene certificate.
- Be aware of your own and others safety.
- Be aware of Fire Exit locations and ensure they remain clear at all times.
- Only volunteers who are DBS checked and/or authorised by Hampshire Music Service will work with young people in any supervisory capacity.
- Please report any Safeguarding concerns to the Locality Lead John Fuller.
- Please read the Child Protection: Briefing Sheet for Volunteers working with Hampshire Music Service This Document is primarily aimed at those supervising children.
contact an organiser
• With any concerns or questions
• If you need a decision
• If you need a First Aider
• If you have a safeguarding concern
• If you receive a complaint, compliment or comment
• If you want information about more regular involvement as a volunteer or trustee
Please familiarise yourself ( below) with Safe moving, handling and lifting techniques and the use of our 2 way radio system.