Privacy Notice and Data Protection
Friends of BAYOC Charity.
On the 25th May 2018 the EU General Data Protection Regulations will come into force. Brexit will not alter the requirement to comply with the legislation.
This document has been prepared to explain the proposals for our charity to handle and keep securely the data you share with us. It may be subject to change as implementation is still being assessed but will be compliant with the legislation. Hampshire Music Service will also have their own Privacy Notice relating to data they store.
An overview of the process has been provided to the Trustee meeting on 8th February 2018.
Trustees will be invited to review the compliance documents and Privacy Notice before the next meeting, and to raise any areas of concerns that need addressing before agreeing the documents and process at the next meeting.
Your Personal Data:
What we need
The Friends of Basingstoke Area Youth Orchestras and Choirs will be what’s known as the ‘Controller’ of the personal data you provide to us.
We only collect basic personal data about you, which includes name, address, email, phone number, your child's uniform clothing size and any special skills you may have notified to us.
Why we need it
We need to know your basic personal data in order to provide you with services relating to you as a member of our charity, your child's membership of a musical ensemble or as an attendee of one of the events we are involved in running.
For example we may use your data to administer
- event attendance
- uniform hire
- event advertising
- Volunteer skills and sign ups
- 100 Club and charity membership records
We will not collect any personal data from you we do not need in order to provide and oversee this service to you.
The Lawful basis under which we process the Data:
- Through a ‘contract’ for the charity to supply goods or services.
- With your explicit permission through a check box system when collecting the data.
What we do with it
All the personal data we process is processed by our volunteers in the UK however for the purposes of IT hosting and maintenance this information may be located on servers outside of the European Union.
Specifically we use these reputable service providers, with high levels of data protection systems in place.
SignUp Is used to organise our activities and volunteering SignUp Responsible Disclosure Policy NB: Please See Note 2 below
No 3rd parties have access to your personal data unless the law allows them to do so. We do not share or sell your data.
We have a Data Protection regime in place to oversee the effective and secure processing of your personal data.
How long we keep it
We are required under UK tax law to keep your basic personal data (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of 6 years after which time it may be destroyed, subject to the marketing purposes shown below.
What we would also like to do with it
Your information that we retain to use for our own marketing purposes, will be kept with us until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive this information.
This information is not shared with third parties and you can unsubscribe at any time via email to email@example.com
What are your rights?
If at any point you believe the information we process on you is incorrect you request to see this information and even have it corrected or deleted.
If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact our Chairman or Secretary at email firstname.lastname@example.org who will investigate the matter.
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data otherwise than in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
Where our website contains links to other websites and other organisations, whether charities or otherwise. Inclusion of a link to another website does not imply endorsement of its content or opinions. Your relationship and any transactions with other organisations through their websites or otherwise are your own responsibility.
- Stripe is a payment transfer system. We have no control over your data on their system and use them only as an intermediary to process payments. In case of support needs you can contact STRIPE at https://stripe.com/contact
- SignUp.com is used by many organisations and although we can remove you from our mailing list on their servers you may also be associated to another organisation using their system, therefore to remove your details totally from the online system please contact SignUP Support https://signuphelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
- BT My Donate enables online sponsorship. We have an account on their website and your data is provided to them and you control your data on their website which can be linked with our account and events for sponsorship purposes. We have no control of your data on this website, therefore to remove your details totally from the online system please contact https://www.btplc.com/mydonate/Help/Contactadvisor/email.aspx